Here's a 2008 Whizzer Ambassador. There's
been lots of controversy about the overall nervous handling of this bike. Is it the wheels? Is it the
jackshaft? We'll try to figure this out as we proceed with some upgrades. We've also found out that the left
foot peg is not long enough for adult sized feet. Although the bike has 2 different pulleys, this bike has no acceleration
from a dead stop what so ever. Our goal is to straighten out some of the bugs in this Whizzer Ambassador.
2008 Whizzer Ambassador - Updates to the restoration
We would like to share the issues that we have been grappling over the past few weeks.
We need to let you know that this bike is overweight and underpowered. We hope our efforts will improve these issues.
For now, here is an overview of what we've been working on:
- Cosmetically corrected the right swingarm
by removing the ugly tab
- Replacing the 26" wheels with 24" wheels and now use 24X300 DOT tires.
- Designing special sheave spacers to accommodate the wider tire.
- Repositioning the front pulley for
a straighter belt position.
- Tackling the issues with the kickstand since it wasn't casted correctly
the fenders with shorter fender braces to accommodate the weight of the rear light by tapping and threading the braces
into the swingarm.
- Designing a block to handle the twitchiness of the rear swing arm
- Working on a solution
for the foot pegs - possibly relocating them